The S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AJXO) (ASX: XJO) is expected to trade lower today following soft leads from international markets overnight. Here’s a recap: Dow Jones (USA): down 1.14% NASDAQ (USA): down 1.47% FTSE 100 (UK): down 1.25% DAX (Germany): down 1.64% In Europe, markets headed lower on fears of a Brexit (Britain exiting the Eurozone), and oil prices slumped after Saudi Arabia ruled out a production cut. FTSE-listed shares of BHP Billiton Limited (ASX: BHP) and Rio Tinto Limited (ASX: RIO)…
To keep reading, enter your email address or login below.
The S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AJXO) (ASX: XJO) is expected to trade lower today following soft leads from international markets overnight.
Here’s a recap:
- Dow Jones (USA): down 1.14%
- NASDAQ (USA): down 1.47%
- FTSE 100 (UK): down 1.25%
- DAX (Germany): down 1.64%
In Europe, markets headed lower on fears of a Brexit (Britain exiting the Eurozone), and oil prices slumped after Saudi Arabia ruled out a production cut. FTSE-listed shares of BHP Billiton Limited (ASX: BHP) and Rio Tinto Limited (ASX: RIO) closed 6% and 1.5% lower, respectively.
In the US, uncertainty over the oil price led markets lower.
Closer to home, the Sydney Futures Exchange is tipping a 31-point, or 0.6%, fall in the S&P/ASX 200.
Shares in focus will include the many ASX companies reporting results today:
- Asciano Ltd’s (ASX: AIO) half-year revenue fell 4.3%, with profit up 5.3%
- EBOS Group Ltd. (ASX: EBO) revenue rose 9%, while profit increased 19.6%
- Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX: WES) revenue increased 4.7% and profit lifted 1.2%
- Maca Ltd (ASX: MLD) revenue fell 34.8% and profit fell 64%
- Silver Lake Resources Limited. (ASX: SLR) reported half-year revenue growth of 25% and a profit of $198,000, up from a $14.7 million loss.
- RCG Corporation Limited (ASX: RCG) reported revenue growth of 348% and profit growth of 189%. However, RCG Corp shares entered a trading halt pending a capital raising.
- Vitaco Holdings Ltd (ASX: VIT) reported 38% revenue growth and a loss of $15.4 million.
- Melbourne IT Limited (ASX: MLB) reported full-year revenue growth of 20.5% and a profit of $5.6 million
- Pact Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: PGH) revealed half-year revenue growth of 8.4% and a flat profit result.
- Bega Cheese Ltd (ASX: BGA) reported 1.6% revenue growth and a 139% profit rise.
- IOOF Holdings Limited (ASX: IFL) chalked up 6% revenue growth and 118% profit growth.
- APA Group (ASX: APA) reported 41.7% revenue growth, but a 78.7% fall in profit.
- Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd (ASX: FLT) reported 15.1% revenue growth and 16.3% profit increase.
Finally, Telstra Corporation Ltd (ASX: TLS) Chair, Catherine Livingstone AO, will retire, and John Mullen has been named her successor.
Want our BEST technology stock idea?
Our expert analysts recently hand-picked their top technology stock idea for 2016. And it's easy to see why: It has a big dividend yield, is growing rapidly and has heaps of cash on its balance sheet. Best of all: their top stock pick of 2016 is yours free! Just click here, enter your email address, and we'll send you their research report. No credit card details or payment required.
Motley Fool writer/analyst Owen Raszkiewicz has a financial interest in Flight Centre Travel Group. Owen welcomes -- and encourages -- your feedback on Google+, LinkedIn or you can follow him on Twitter @ASXinvest.
Unless otherwise noted, the author does not have a position in any stocks mentioned by the author in the comments below. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.