Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.15% to 6,185.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.11% to 6,301.10
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,197.55 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$85.07 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was rare earth miner business Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC), its share price rose 9.5%.
Machine learning business Appen Ltd (ASX: APX) shares fell 4.1%, making it the worst faller in the ASX 200.
Finally, one of the top performers in the ASX 200 was gold miner St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) – it went up 6.3% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How to prepare your share portfolio for $2 per litre petrol prices
- Always concentrate on the future with your investing
- 3 dividend shares to boost your income
- How Lendlease Group (ASX:LLC) could trigger a rebound in its share price
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Wesfarmers Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Appen Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended carsales.com Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.