The S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) finished flat on Friday.
Here’s a quick recap of global markets:
- FTSE 100 (UK): down 0.7%
- DAX (Germany): down 0.2%
- CAC 40 (France): down 0.3%
- Dow Jones (USA): flat
- NASDAQ (USA): up 0.4%
Here are today’s key stats:
- ASX 200: flat
- All Ordinaries (ASX: XAO) (Index: ^AXAO): up 0.1%
- Australian dollar (A$) (AUDUSD): 74.75 cents
- Gold price: up 0.4%
- Copper: up 0.2%
- WTI Crude Oil: down 0.1%
- Iron ore closed 0.3% lower at $US66.42 a tonne overnight
At the other end of the market, Platinum Asset Management Limited (ASX: PTM), a2 Milk Company Ltd (Australia) (ASX: A2M) and Mesoblast Limited (ASX: MSB) shares fell more than 5%. Meanwhile, ResMed Inc. (CHESS) (ASX: RMD) and Newcrest Limited (ASX: NCM) shares finished around 4% lower.
Here are today’s top stories:
- 5 of the best ASX dividend shares with BIG yields
- 3 growth shares I would buy in May
- Here’s why the Brainchip Holdings Ltd share price went nuts today
- 3 great dividend shares you’ve never heard of
- Why you could smoke your money buying pot stocks today
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Platinum Investment Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm