Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.16% to 7,113.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.18% to 7,208.30
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,585.97 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$57.03 a barrel
Regional bank Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Ltd (ASX: BEN) suffered a share price fall of 5.6% as it came back to market after its result and capital raising.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Kogan share price tumbles lower after half year results release
- Bubs share price surges 10% on new Woolworths deal
- Why Holden died – and what investors should learn from it
- 2 tax breaks the ATO is begging you to take
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Netwealth. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Ansell Ltd. and Scentre Group. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.