Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.83% to 6.787.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.79% to 6,889.80
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,454.81 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.69 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Caltex Australia Limited (ASX: CTX) share price which rose 13.1% after news broke of a takeover bid.
Finally, the share price of Livetiles Ltd (ASX: LVT) dropped 1.6% after holding its AGM today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is the Xero share price a buy at $80?
- Are ASX banks facing cyclical or structural decline?
- Is the Vanguard Australian Property ETF a good investment for income?
- 7 ASX ETFs perfect for a starter portfolio
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Bravura Solutions Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Bravura Solutions Ltd, Brickworks, and LIVETILES FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.