Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.36% to 6,689.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.41% to 6,777.70
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,391.42 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.77 a barrel
However, at the red end of the ASX, the share price of Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) fell almost 5% as the company suffered a broker downgrade.
The share price of Bell Financial Group Ltd (ASX: BFG) rose 7.7% after the financial company revealed its profit expectations for its upcoming report.
The Platinum Asset Management Ltd (ASX: PTM) share price is down 1.6% after revealing its funds under management (FUM) for June 2019.
The share price of Alliance Aviation Services Ltd (ASX: AQZ) increased by 2.75% with it announcing that it’s buying more aircraft for its fleet.
Gold miner Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) saw its share price fall 2.3% after providing some preliminary FY19 operating results and FY20 guidance.
The Pioneer Credit Ltd (ASX: PNC) share price is up 2.6% as it revealed its PDP liquidations for FY19.
Finally, the share price of Premier Investments Limited (ASX: PMV) was one of today’s as it gained 5.3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why mastering personal finance is just as important as investing returns for wealth
- Cash is dead: 2 catastrophic dividend investing mistakes to avoid & one share I bought
- ASX investing tips: don’t repeat this common mistake
- Atlassian is worth more than Telstra and could grow bigger than National Australia Bank
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Premier Investments Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 rises, Zip (ASX:Z1P) flies, bank ratings upgraded – April 13, 2021 4:54pm
- Is the Fortescue (ASX:FMG) share price an attractive opportunity? – April 13, 2021 3:17pm
- 2 exciting small cap ASX shares to buy – April 13, 2021 9:30am