Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.96% to 6,232.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.93% to 6,332.90
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,262.70 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.14 a barrel
Another strong performer today was Appen Ltd (ASX: APX), the data technology company went up 7.1%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I like 1300 Smiles Limited (ASX:ONT) as a small-cap investment
- Air New Zealand Limited (ASX:AIZ) passenger numbers keep soaring
- Credit Corp Group Limited in trading halt in response to ‘anonymous report’
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended MNF Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended GENTRACK FPO NZ and Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.