Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.96% to 6,232.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.93% to 6,332.90
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,262.70 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.14 a barrel
Another strong performer today was Appen Ltd (ASX: APX), the data technology company went up 7.1%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I like 1300 Smiles Limited (ASX:ONT) as a small-cap investment
- Air New Zealand Limited (ASX:AIZ) passenger numbers keep soaring
- Credit Corp Group Limited in trading halt in response to ‘anonymous report’
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended MNF Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended GENTRACK FPO NZ and Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 drops another 0.8%, Magellan (ASX:MFG) reveals a large investment – September 21, 2020 4:46pm
- 2 reliable blue chip ASX 200 shares to buy today – September 21, 2020 3:52pm
- Where I’d invest $500 into ASX shares – September 21, 2020 2:33pm