Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.36% to 5,974.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.40% to 6,077.10
- AUD/USD at US 79 cents
- Gold at US$1,324.60 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.96 a barrel
The ASX indices have dropped today, partly due to news of Labor’s franking credit change.
Some of the biggest gains today have been generated by the lithium mining companies. Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) grew by 3.56%, Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE) went up by 0.85% and Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) rose by 1.68%.
a2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) went up by a further 2.67% as investors continue to be excited by the milk company.
The GWA Group Ltd (ASX: GWA) share price rose by 2.55% on no news today, nonetheless it was one of the ASX200 top performers.
Australian Agricultural Company Ltd (ASX: AAC) went by down by 4.15% as rumours swirl of a potential takeover.
Finally, Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT) went down by 3.41% as the oil price declined.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- What the Labor franking credit change means for retirees
- The Sydney Airport Holdings Pty Ltd share price is facing a new headwind
- Aurizon Holdings Ltd responds to QCA’s imposed profit cut
- Morgan Stanley thinks robots can repower the Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. share price
- Can Ripple (XRP) disrupt the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and OFX Group Ltd?
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.