Local shares started the day in the red but fought their way back around lunchtime. Despite a late dip, the broader market still ended the session on top.
Here’s a quick recap:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.2% to 5338 points
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.2% to 5408 points
- AUD/USD at US 74.77 cents
- Iron Ore at US$72.42 a tonne, according to the Metal Bulletin
- Gold at US$1,226.19 an ounce
- Brent oil at US$46.50 a barrel
Village Roadshow Ltd (ASX: VRL) also lost 4.9% following its annual general meeting as it revealed mixed conditions at its theme parks following the tragedy that occurred at Ardent Leisure Group’s (ASX: AAD) Dreamworld recently. Ardent Leisure closed 1% lower.
Meanwhile, Mobile Embrace Ltd (ASX: MBE) collapsed 42% after it noted a “one-off event that has adversely effected MBE’s ability to acquire customers (in Australia only)”.
Here are Thursday’s top stories:
- Could you become a millionaire in just 6 years?
- Are these shares the biggest bargains on the S&P/ASX 200?
- Will Woolworths Limited Dump Big W?
- Is Telstra Corporation Ltd going to cut its dividend?
- Will Donald Trump be a disaster for the ASX?
- Why CSG Limited shares have dropped 29% today
- Village Roadshow Ltd shares are plunging on theme park worries
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Ryan Newman has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): 6 charts every Australian needs to see – April 6, 2020 1:46pm
- Innovation through crisis – April 2, 2020 11:48am
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): Why Is Italy’s Fatality Rate So Bad? – March 26, 2020 3:39pm