Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 1.58% to 6.606.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 1.53% to 6,714.40
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,478.75 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.24 a barrel
Gold miners were some of today’s strongest performers after another negative day in the share market. The Gold Road Resources Ltd (ASX: GOR) share price went up almost 8%.
The Metcash Limited (ASX: MTS) share price dropped 4.8% after announcing an impairment yesterday.
One of today’s biggest declines belonged to Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT), the share price of the buy now, pay later provider dropped 4.6%.
TPG Telecom Ltd (ASX: TPM) held its AGM today, the share price was up in early trading but finished down by 0.9%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- iCar Asia shares surge on EBITDA breakeven, strong 2020 forecast
- How to find the best ASX dividend shares
- Why do people invest in bonds?
- Why the Xero share price is defying the WAAAX meltdown
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and CSL Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended oOh!Media Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 ASX shares poised for huge growth in FY21 – October 1, 2020 1:33pm
- 2 strong ASX shares I’d buy today for growth and income – October 1, 2020 8:46am
- 3 strong and reliable ASX dividend shares for October – September 30, 2020 5:08pm