Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.41% to 6,359.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.36% to 6,449.60
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,284.91 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.74 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the Hub24 Ltd (ASX: HUB) share price which rose almost 5%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- ANZ just made it tougher for you to get a loan
- The Freelancer share price has rocketed 18%
- How powerful Chinese backers are lighting a fire under the Bubs share price
- Why Technology One and these ASX tech shares hit multi-year highs today
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Hub24 Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COLESGROUP DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Hub24 Ltd and SEEK Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 rises, Zip (ASX:Z1P) flies, bank ratings upgraded – April 13, 2021 4:54pm
- Is the Fortescue (ASX:FMG) share price an attractive opportunity? – April 13, 2021 3:17pm
- 2 exciting small cap ASX shares to buy – April 13, 2021 9:30am