Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.49% to 6,176.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.46% to 6,293.90
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,200.15 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$86.33 a barrel
South32 Ltd (ASX: S32) was another to benefit from the closure news, its share price rose by 7.3%.
At the opposite end of the ASX 200 was Pact Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: PGH), its share price fell 8%.
We’ll see be seeing a lot more Taco Bells around Australia with Collins Foods Ltd (ASX: CKF) announcing it would open 50 around Australia – its share price went up 5.5% today in response.
Finally, dairy business a2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) shares dropped 4.3% today, making it one of the worst performers in the ASX 200.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why oOh!Media Ltd (ASX:OML) is primed to leverage off a sector explosion
- Australian dollar slammed after U.S. bond yields surge higher
- How you could create a passive income snowball with dividend-paying shares
- How the surge in US bond yields to 7-year highs will impact on your portfolio
Discover why this legendary Australian stock-picker just issued a “Double Down” buy alert to his exclusive group of insiders… and why he’s convinced this might be the single most attractive entry point for years to come.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Collins Foods Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.