Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.51% to 6,319.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.51% to 6,427.80
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,202.90 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77.60 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Atlas Arteria Group (ASX: ALX), it went up by nearly 4% today.
Another of today’s largest gains was packaging company Orora Ltd (ASX:ORA), it went up almost 2% after announcing an acquisition.
The Transurban Group (ASX: TCL) share price was unmoved today because it went into a trading halt after winning the WestConnex bid and announcing a capital raising.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 companies investors loved this profit season
- President Trump threatens to pull out of WTO and wants tariffs on $200 billion more China products
- Bubs Australia Ltd (ASX:BUB) shares climb higher on China deal
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Zenitas Healthcare Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Transurban Group. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Zenitas Healthcare Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.