Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.29% to 6,266.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.14% to 6,373.80
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,194.55 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.15 a barrel
TPG Telecom Ltd (ASX: TPM) shares climbed 21.6% today after the telco confirmed it was considering merging with Hutchison Telecommunications (Aus) Ltd (ASX: HTA), which rose 51.7%. Telco giant Telstra Corporation Ltd (ASX: TLS) shares also rose by 7.2%.
Shares of Servcorp Limited (ASX: SRV) dropped 1% after a large fall of profit.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- National Storage REIT (ASX:NSR) reports FY18 result, raising $175 million
- Results: Why the Wellcom Group Limited (ASX:WLL) share price popped today
- Why Lovisa Holdings Ltd (ASX:LOV) shares have been smashed today
- Why shares in Worleyparsons Limited (ASX:WOR) have jumped to a 5-year high
- Should you buy this small cap share after today’s profit result?
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and Bapcor. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Bapcor, Nearmap Ltd., Sydney Airport Holdings Limited, Telstra Limited, and TPG Telecom Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Servcorp Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.