Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.12% to 5,950.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.03% to 6,057.70
- AUD/USD at US 78 cents
- Gold at US$1,321.84 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.93 a barrel
The market rose slightly today, adding to the gains this week.
A lot of companies have reported today, here’s how the market reacted to some of them.
Nothing seems to be able to stop the a2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) share price, it rose by 7.08% today after reporting earlier in the week.
Another share to fall in response to its report was Iress Ltd (ASX: IRE), it dropped by 5.35%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why Crown Resorts Limited’s share price just rose 4% on its result
- com Ltd shares rocket after half-year profit more than doubles
- Bellamy’s Australia Ltd delivers bumper profit growth
- Link Group Ltd reports: Here’s what you need to know
- Estia Health Ltd shares jump 7% on solid profit result
While conflict overseas is all media talking-heads seem to mention these days, the billionaire founder of Tesla is losing sleep over what he sees as a far bigger threat.
Elon Musk Warns: This has “vastly more risk than North Korea”
If you missed your opportunity to get in on Google, Microsoft, or Amazon in their early days, don't let it happen again. This emerging technology trend could offer a second chance for anyone who wishes they took part in these millionaire-maker stocks.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Blackmores Limited and Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended ARB Limited, IRESS Limited, and Webjet Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.