Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.37% to 6.903.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.39% to 7,014.20
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,556.08 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.97 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT), its share price rose by 4.4% today.
Gold miner Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) was also one of today’s top performers, its share price increased by 3.4%.
At the bottom of the ASX 200 the share price of Cooper Energy Ltd. (ASX: COE) dropped by 3.2%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Here’s where I would invest $5,000 right now in ASX shares
- 3 of the most promising ASX growth shares to buy
- Here’s why the Wisr share price is rising today
- Here’s why the CBA share price trades at a premium to other ASX banks
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, Integrated Research Limited, Praemium Limited, and ZIPCOLTD FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Praemium Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 recovered throughout today, but finished 0.3% lower – October 22, 2020 4:35pm
- Why you should pay attention when management buy (or sell) ASX shares – October 22, 2020 2:10pm
- Why it makes sense to invest in ASX shares – October 22, 2020 12:57pm