Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.46% to 6.785.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.43% to 6,894.70
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,481.46 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.91 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Bega Cheese Ltd (ASX: BGA) share price, its share price increased 4.4% after giving investors an update.
Aerial imaging business Nearmap Ltd (ASX: NEA) was another to suffer a drop today, its share price has fallen 6%.
The Costa Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: CGC) share price has gone up 2.5% after the resignation of its Chief Financial Officer effective May 2020.
The share price of Pioneer Credit Ltd (ASX: PNC) fell 28.5% today after finally returning to trade with a potential takeover on track.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Caltex share price lower after announcing a rebrand to Ampol
- Which ASX shares will steal the headlines in the 2020s?
- 10 exciting small cap ASX shares to watch in 2020
- Here are my 3 ASX shares of the decade
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Tristan Harrison owns shares of COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Jumbo Interactive Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO and Nearmap Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Jumbo Interactive Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Is Wesfarmers (ASX:WBC) a great blue chip share buy? – April 12, 2021 9:39am
- Is the Woolworths (ASX:WOW) share price a good defensive buy? – April 12, 2021 7:24am
- Is the Appen (ASX:APX) share price a cheap buy? – April 11, 2021 10:40am