Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.16% to 6.683.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.15% to 6,791.30
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,476.37 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.93 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) share price which increased by 10.2% after announcing “excellent” drilling results in Senegal.
The Adelaide Brighton Ltd. (ASX: ABC) share price rose by 5.1% with investors becoming more confident about the construction industry.
The Bubs Australia Ltd (ASX: BUB) share price was unmoved today after going into a trading halt.
The Magellan Financial Group Ltd (ASX: MFG) share price increased by 3.3% as the fund manager announced another month of strong funds under management (FUM) growth.
Finally, the Propel Funeral Partners Ltd (ASX: PFP) share price rose by 0.6% after announcing an expansion and extension of its debt facilities.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 2 ASX dividend shares with yields over 9%
- How to find ASX dividend shares you can live off
- Coles broke a promise, shareholders to miss out on millions
- What’s the biggest reason that people become wealthy?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended BUBS AUST FPO and Propel Funeral Partners Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm