Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.56% to 5,869.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.50% to 5,977.80
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,191.30 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$81.13 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was investment conglomerate business Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Co. Ltd (ASX: SOL), its share price rose nearly 5.5% today.
Intellectual property business IPH Ltd (ASX: IPH) registered the worst fall in the ASX 200 as it dropped almost 3%.
Finally, agribusiness Elders Ltd (ASX: ELD) was one of today’s top performers with its share price going up by 5.2%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 shares I’d love to buy for the right price
- Why I think WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX:WTC) will lag in any upcoming share market rally
- Is the REA Group Limited (ASX:REA) share price a buy?
- Cochlear Limited (ASX:COH) holds its AGM: Should you invest?
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended IPH Ltd, Telstra Limited, and Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and National Australia Bank Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Elders Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.