Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.05% to 6,247.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.04% to 6,357.90
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,188.68 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$75.17 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Idp Education Ltd (ASX: IEL), its share price rose by 9% after reporting yesterday.
At the red end of the share market WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) shares dropped 15.6%, giving up most its gains over the past two days. The Altium Limited (ASX: ALU) share price also fell 7.6% today.
Fresh food producer Costa Group Holdings Ltd’s (ASX: CGC) share price fell 11.4% today after reporting its FY18 result and also providing profit guidance for FY19.
Shares of Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd (ASX: FLT) dropped another 6.1% today on allegations of poor staff treatment in an ABC investigation.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Platinum Asset Management Limited (ASX:PTM) reports more FUM and outperformance in FY18
- Should you buy Star Entertainment Group Ltd (ASX:SGR) shares after its solid results?
- Australian Financial Group Ltd (ASX:AFG) is debt-free and flying
- Westpac Banking Corp’s (ASX:WBC) share price looks poised to re-test its 5-year lows
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO and Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, Altium, and WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.