Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.16% to 6,032.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.10% to 6,144.00
- AUD/USD at US 75 cents
- Gold at US$1,292.35 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$79.02 a barrel
The biggest movement today in the ASX200 was from Santos Ltd (ASX: STO), the oil company rejected Harbour Energy’s approaches. The fall also affected fellow oil company Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT), it dropped 4%.
Logistics tech company WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) dropped by 3.7% after revealing it raised $100 million of cash at $13.30 per share yesterday from an institutional shareholder.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Only 1 in 2 Sydney homes sell at auction as price crash warning lights flash red
- 6 reasons why BHP Billiton Limited (ASX:BHP) is better than Rio Tinto Limited (ASX:RIO)
- Why investors should look overseas for growth
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.