Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.12% to 6,077.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.18% to 6,187.70
- AUD/USD at US 79.5 cents
- Gold at US$1,340.00 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$69.90 a barrel
The ASX indices have posted another green day today.
Today was a very positive day for the gold miners. Evolution Mining Limited (ASX: EVN) gained 6.64%, Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) was up 5.86%, Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST) rose by 4.53% and St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) grew by 4.3%.
The biggest rise in the ASX200 today came from Mayne Pharma Group Ltd (ASX: MYX), which gained 6.8% today on no news. Investors must be thinking that the sell-off over the last year has been overdone.
The biggest fall in the ASX200 came from Nextdc Ltd (ASX: NXT), which was down 4.03% due to a broker downgrade.
LiveTiles Ltd (ASX: LVT) launched its retail AI product with Microsoft today at a retailer show in New York. The share price rose by 5.95% today as a result.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why it’s important to keep your head in a bull market
- One of the Big Four banks is tipped to double its share buyback in 2018
- Is the sale of XERO FPO shares by management a cause for concern?
- Livetiles launches AI partnership with Microsoft
- Telix Pharmaceuticals Ltd establishes presence in Japan
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended LIVETILES FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.