The S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) finished 0.5% higher on Monday.
Here’s a quick recap of global markets:
- FTSE 100 (UK): down 0.5%
- DAX (Germany): down 0.1%
- CAC 40 (France): down 0.1%
- Dow Jones (USA): down 0.2%
- NASDAQ (USA): flat
Here are today’s key stats:
- ASX 200: up 0.5%
- All Ordinaries: up 0.5%
- Australian dollar (A$) (AUDUSD): 74.86 cents
- Gold price: up 0.3%
- Copper: flat
- WTI Crude Oil: flat
- Iron ore up 3.6% lower at $US68.80 a tonne overnight
At the other end of the market, the Mayne Pharma Group Ltd (ASX: MYX) share price plunged more than 10% following an announcement of slower profit growth.
The owner of The Athlete’s Foot, RCG Corporation Ltd (ASX: RCG) shares plunged 27.7% following a profit downgrade. The RCG share price is now down 56% in three months.
Here are today’s top stories:
- 3 growth shares I would buy in May
- Do you own any of the 10 most shorted ASX shares?
- I’m a Ten Network shareholder get me out of here!
- Why private equity groups are reported to be circling Vocus Group Ltd
- 3 ASX shares I’d buy and never sell
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Platinum Investment Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Vocus Communications Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm