The S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) finished 0.5% higher on Monday.
Here’s a quick recap of global markets:
- FTSE 100 (UK): down 0.5%
- DAX (Germany): down 0.1%
- CAC 40 (France): down 0.1%
- Dow Jones (USA): down 0.2%
- NASDAQ (USA): flat
Here are today’s key stats:
- ASX 200: up 0.5%
- All Ordinaries: up 0.5%
- Australian dollar (A$) (AUDUSD): 74.86 cents
- Gold price: up 0.3%
- Copper: flat
- WTI Crude Oil: flat
- Iron ore up 3.6% lower at $US68.80 a tonne overnight
At the other end of the market, the Mayne Pharma Group Ltd (ASX: MYX) share price plunged more than 10% following an announcement of slower profit growth.
The owner of The Athlete’s Foot, RCG Corporation Ltd (ASX: RCG) shares plunged 27.7% following a profit downgrade. The RCG share price is now down 56% in three months.
Here are today’s top stories:
- 3 growth shares I would buy in May
- Do you own any of the 10 most shorted ASX shares?
- I’m a Ten Network shareholder get me out of here!
- Why private equity groups are reported to be circling Vocus Group Ltd
- 3 ASX shares I’d buy and never sell
This Tiny ASX Stock Could Be the Next Afterpay
One little-known Australian IPO has doubled in value since January, and renowned Australian Moonshot stock picker Anirban Mahanti sees a potential millionaire-maker in waiting...
Because 'Doc' Mahanti believes this fast-growing company has all the hallmarks of genuine Moonshot potential, forget 'buy now pay later', this stock could be the next hot stock on the ASX.
Doc and his team have published a detailed report on this tiny ASX stock. Find out how you can access what could be the NEXT Afterpay today!
Returns as of 6th October 2020
The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Platinum Investment Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Vocus Communications Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm