Here’s a quick recap of global markets:
- FTSE 100 (UK): down 0.06%
- DAX (Germany): up 0.4%
- CAC 40 (France): up 0.4%
- Dow Jones (USA): up 0.3%
- NASDAQ (USA): up 0.3%
Here are today’s key stats:
- ASX 200: down 0.5%
- All Ordinaries (ASX: XAO) (Index: ^AXAO): down 0.5%
- Gold price: down 0.8%
- Copper: up 0.2%
- WTI Crude Oil: up 1.5%
- Iron ore: down 0.6%, according to The Metal Bulletin
Further down the market, Nextdc Ltd shares, Iluka Resources Limited (ASX: ILU) shares and Bapcor Ltd shares were among the best performers.
Shares of Karoon Gas Australia Limited (ASX: KAR) rose 9% today after the company revealed it was in a bidding contest for two lucrative oil fields.
At the other end of the market, Fairfax Media Limited (ASX: FXJ) and Orocobre Ltd (ASX: ORE) finished the day firmly lower. While conglomerate Washington H. Soul Pattinson & Co. Ltd (ASX: SOL) also ended firmly in the red — falling 3.2%.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- Your instant 5-share retirement portfolio
- Here are 3 retail shares in my shopping basket
- Who else wants 10 ASX blue chip dividend share ideas for 2017?
- Is the Westpac Banking Corp share price overvalued?
- Here are 3 small-cap shares that are still flying under the radar of most investors
- 3 shares I’d love to buy at lower prices
- 4 stocks that could be your ticket to retiring early
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Bapcor and Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm