Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.25% to 7,162.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.25% to 7,255.20
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,609.36 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.27 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (ASX: SXL) its share price rose around 12% after reporting its half-year result.
Logistics software business WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) saw its share price fall another 11.7% today after yesterday’s crunching reaction to the report.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Are there any cheap ASX blue-chip shares left?
- What Holden’s exit and huge sale discounts teach us about finance
- Lendlease shares soar 8% higher on 1H20 earnings release
- Another Aussie retailer bites the dust
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 drops another 0.8%, Magellan (ASX:MFG) reveals a large investment – September 21, 2020 4:46pm
- 2 reliable blue chip ASX 200 shares to buy today – September 21, 2020 3:52pm
- Where I’d invest $500 into ASX shares – September 21, 2020 2:33pm