Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.38% to 7,022.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.38% to 7,121.40
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,566.36 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$55.10 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was gold miner Gold Road Resources Ltd (ASX: GOR), its share price jumped 9.3%.
After yesterday’s report, the Pinnacle Investment Management Group Ltd (ASX: PNI) share price rose by another 3.4%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is the Wesfarmers share price the best buy for dividends?
- What to watch when Telstra releases it half year results
- Buy these 3 ASX shares to instantly diversify your portfolio
- Why I choose ASX dividend shares over ASX growth shares
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Crown Resorts Limited and Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended REA Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.