Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.22% to 7,079.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.22% to 7,196.30
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,560.56 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.69 a barrel
An FY20 earnings guidance downgrade sent the share price of NIB Holdings Limited (ASX: NHF) down 12.7%. Investors appear to be worried for Medibank Private Limited (ASX: MPL), sending its share price down 2.4%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- My best 3 ASX growth shares to buy right now
- Should you invest ASX dividend shares, or growth shares?
- Could the China–US trade deal hurt ASX shares?
- 2 dividend and 2 growth shares to buy this month on the ASX
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Sydney Airport Holdings Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Super Retail Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd and NIB Holdings Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.