Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.23% to 6.866.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.24% to 6,967.40
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,456.23 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.85 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Service Stream Limited (ASX: SSM) share price which rose 5.5%.
The share price of Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC) dropped 0.6% after it announced that some investors would be able to exit the capital raising because of the AUSTRAC issues.
The Apiam Animal Health Ltd (ASX: AHX) share price went up 6% after the company held its AGM.
An announcement of showcasing its offering in the US wasn’t enough to stop the Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME) share price falling 2.8%.
Finally, the share price of Volpara Health Technologies Ltd (ASX: VHT) increased by 1.7% after the healthcare business released trial results of its DENSE breast screening.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Parents should stop doing THESE 6 things to financially help kids
- Telstra shares up on possible InfraCo spin off
- How to retire a millionaire
- Here are some must-know terms for investing in ASX shares
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of VOLPARA FPO NZ. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Telstra Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Accent Group, GENTRACK FPO NZ, Pro Medicus Ltd., and VOLPARA FPO NZ. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Should Aussies buy the Vanguard Australian Share ETF (ASX:VAS)? – October 1, 2020 3:31pm
- 3 ASX shares poised for huge growth in FY21 – October 1, 2020 1:33pm
- 2 strong ASX shares I’d buy today for growth and income – October 1, 2020 8:46am