Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.1% to 6,672.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.11% to 6,757.40
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,392.81 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.11 a barrel
The share price of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX: CBA) fell 0.6% as investors digested APRA’s decision on loss-absorbing capacity. The Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC) share price also dropped 0.5%.
Finally, the share price of Xero Limited (ASX: XRO) fell 0.5% despite insider buying boosting the share price earlier in the day.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- What is the safest business on the ASX?
- 3 ASX dividend shares giving shareholders payrises like clockwork
- Why the Family Zone share price is up 22% today
- How to hedge your ASX portfolio against a crash
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Xero. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.