Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.24% to 5,829.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.31% to 5,926.50
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,224.40 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$76.75 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was gold miner Regis Resources Limited (ASX: RRL), it rose by 5.5%. Indeed, it was a strong day for gold mining peer Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) too – it went up 5%.
Organic infant formula business Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) fell 6% today after giving investors an update about the progress in the first half of FY19.
The share price of funeral operator InvoCare Limited (ASX: IVC) rose 4.1% today after its competitor gave a trading update. The Propel Funeral Partners Ltd (ASX: PFP) share price fell 0.8% despite revealing a record quarter.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Redbubble Ltd (ASX:RBL) reveals profit growth of 42.9% in first FY19 quarter
- Biotron Limited (ASX:BIT) shares sank 27% lower on Wednesday
- The easiest and safest way to earn a 10X return or more
- Why I think you should hold your Greencross Limited (ASX:GXL) stocks for now
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited and Propel Funeral Partners Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Super Retail Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended InvoCare Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.