Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.75% to 6,352.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.68% to 6,457.00
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,203.55 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$76.09 a barrel
Shares of natural beauty business BWX Limited (ASX: BWX) fell another 2.1% today to $4.67 after it reported a decent set of numbers in its FY18 result.
The share price of Speedcast International Limited (ASX: SDA) dropped another 5.5% today after disappointing investors earlier in the week with its report.
Finally, plumbing supplier business Reliance Worldwide Corporation Ltd (ASX: RWC) saw its share price fall another 6.1% after disappointing investors with its report earlier in the week.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Can you return a compound 30% per annum on the ASX?
- Xenith IP Group Ltd (ASX:XIP) shares gain on profit report
- Why Scottish Pacific Group Ltd (ASX:SCO) is up on its FY18 results
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Blackmores Limited and BWX Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.