Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.44% to 6,258.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.37% to 6,342.80
- AUD/USD at US 75 cents
- Gold at US$1,259.20 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77. a barrel
Pendal Group Limited (ASX: PDL) was the worst performer in the ASX 200 with it falling 7.5% after a disappointing funds under management update.
Finally, Nextdc Ltd (ASX: NXT) dropped by 3.7% after a negative broker note was issued.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- This ASX share is looking to profit from Facebook’s privacy scandal
- Why Woolworths Group Ltd (ASX:WOW) may not have a clear run-up as supporters might think
- Summerset Group Holdings Ltd (ASX:SNZ) profit up 26%
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended BWX Limited, IPH Ltd, and Nearmap Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 falls 0.6%, REA Group reports – August 7, 2020 5:40pm
- 3 ASX shares poised for huge growth over the next year – August 7, 2020 4:13pm
- Future Generation LICs grow dividends in June result – August 7, 2020 3:11pm