The S&P/ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) is barely moved today, closing up 0.2% at 5,422.8, following the lead of US markets which were mixed. Most sectors managed to squeak into the green, although telecommunication services dropped 0.6%. Many investors appear to have had the day off, awaiting important US economic news, which is due out tonight our time.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today:
- Skilled Group Ltd. (ASX: SKE) soared 5.7% to $2.78
- Buru Energy Limited (ASX: BRU) climbed 5.3% to $1.295
- Bradken Limited (ASX: BKN) gained 4% to $4.45
- Flexigroup Limited (ASX: FXL) added 3.8% to $3.57
- Myer Holdings Ltd (ASX: MYR) closed up 3.6% at $2.33
These are the five worst performing stocks today: