The S&P/ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) has posted another gain today, finishing up 1.08%. Despite the release of a weak jobs report in the US on Friday, Wall Street managed to rally leaving the Dow Jones and the S&P 500 higher for the day and for the week. On local markets, half-year results continued to trickle in today; a number of high profile companies are due to report later this week.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Evolution FPO (ASX: EVN) rallied 12.8% to 79.5 cents
- Forge Group Limited (ASX: FGE) jumped 11.6% to 91.5 cents
- Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) climbed 8.9% to 61 cents
- Silver Lake Resources Limited (ASX: SLR) added 8.1% to 66.5 cents
- Newcrest Mining Limited (ASX: NCM) gained 7.1% to $11.11
These stocks were the losers on the day.