The S&P / ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) has ended the week down, losing 0.1% today, after staging an afternoon recovery, and closing at 5,305.9. Our market shadowed the moves in offshore markets, with the Dow Jones falling 0.4%, the S&P 500 down 0.1% and the UK’s FTSE 100 also down 0.1%.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Paladin Energy (ASX: PDN) climbed 13.1% to 56 cents
- Orora (ASX: ORA) added 4.6% to $1.38
- Beadell Resources (ASX: BDR) rose 4.4% to 83.5 cents
- Evolution Mining (ASX: EVN) gained 4.4% to 60 cents
- Orica (ASX: ORI) closed up 3.4% at $24.78
These stocks were the losers on the day.