The S&P / ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) has ended the week down, losing 0.1% today, after staging an afternoon recovery, and closing at 5,305.9. Our market shadowed the moves in offshore markets, with the Dow Jones falling 0.4%, the S&P 500 down 0.1% and the UK’s FTSE 100 also down 0.1%.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Paladin Energy (ASX: PDN) climbed 13.1% to 56 cents
- Orora (ASX: ORA) added 4.6% to $1.38
- Beadell Resources (ASX: BDR) rose 4.4% to 83.5 cents
- Evolution Mining (ASX: EVN) gained 4.4% to 60 cents
- Orica (ASX: ORI) closed up 3.4% at $24.78
These stocks were the losers on the day.
- Super Retail Group (ASX: SUL) dropped 14.2% to $10.79
- Kathmandu Holdings (ASX: KMD) lost5% to $3.06
- Abacus Property Group (ASX: ABP) fell 4.6% to $2.30
- Sky Network Television (ASX: SKT) slipped 4.3% to $5.53
- Automotive Holdings (ASX: AHE) closed down 4.3% at $3.58
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool writer/analyst Mike King owns shares in Beadell Resources. You can follow Mike on Twitter @TMFKinga
- Why PWR Holdings Ltd could see its share price rise from here – July 21, 2017 12:11pm
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited share price sinks on native title decision – July 20, 2017 4:23pm
- 5 overlooked finance shares to add to your watchlist – July 20, 2017 2:33pm