Another day comes to its end on the ASX and a quiet one at that. Analysts and investors might have been left twiddling their thumbs after Baby Bunting reported today, with not too much in the way of ASX reporting after that.
We’ll quickly unpack today’s results and then wrap it back up for next week:
Those that delivered today
Baby Bunting Ltd (ASX: BBN)
Shares in the baby products retailer fell 4.52% to $5.71 on Friday. This followed the reporting of the company’s FY21 results on the ASX. It appears investors were put off by Baby Bunting’s start to the new financial year. Comparable store sales as of 12 August were down 6.4% financial year-to-date.
The takeaway points:
- Total sales up 15.6% to $468.4 million
- Comparable store sales growth of 11.3%
- Online sales up 54.2% and now represent 19.2% of total sales
- Pro forma earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) up 29.2% to $43.5 million
- Pro forma net profit after tax increased 34.8% to $26 million
- Fully franked final dividend of 8.3 cents per share (full year dividend up 34.1% to 14.1 cents)
- FY 2022 same stores sales down 6.4% as of 12 August
ASX shares reporting next week
If you thought this week had a lot to take in from ASX shares reporting, next week is set to take it to another level. Instead of dumping 30 or so shares in this article, I’ll mention some of the big names here and you can check out the rest on our ASX Reporting Season Calendar.
Next week will include reporting from Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Ltd (ASX: BEN), BlueScope Steel Limited (ASX: BSL), JB Hi-Fi Limited (ASX: JBH), BHP Group Ltd (ASX: BHP), Magellan Financial Group Ltd (ASX: MFG), and Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC)… and that only gets us to Wednesday.
Rest up over the weekend, next week will be a big one on the ASX!