Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.39% to 6.829.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.29% to 6,945.70
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,559.38 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.11 a barrel
Lithium miners were also some of the best performers today with the share price of Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE) growing by 6.7% and the Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) share price going up by 6.8%.
Gold miners retreated today as fears settled about an Iran – US war, the share price of Gold Road Resources Ltd (ASX: GOR) fell by over 4.1% and the share price of Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) dropped by 4.1% as well.
The negative updates because of bushfires continued today. Ingenia Communities Group (ASX: INA) reduced its FY20 earnings guidance because of the fires, causing the share price to fall 3.3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why ASX healthcare shares are a no-brainer for the 2020s
- Why I think the Altium share price is a buy
- Where to invest $5,000 in shares right now
- How do you know when it’s time to invest?
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.