Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.63% to 6.849.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.57% to 6,952.30
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,475.14 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.60 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) share price which climbed 8.2%.
Brexit has boosted the share price of Virgin Money UK Plc (ASX: VUK) by a further 8.1% today.
The share price of Perenti Global Ltd (ASX: PRN) dropped by 18.7% after giving a guidance update to the market.
The share price of Smartgroup Corporation Ltd (ASX: SIQ) dropped 14.7% after giving a negative about regarding its sales of insurance products.
Finally, the share price of Wagners Holding Company Ltd (ASX: WGN) despite securing a contract for the Brisbane Cross River Rail project.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How the ASX aims to become mini NASDAQ with a new tech index
- Afterpay rival Openpay tumbles 15% after listing on the ASX
- Will the Afterpay share price reach $40 in 2020?
- Should you buy this unloved ASX dividend stock for the 7% yield?
Forget what just happened. We think this stock could be Australia's next MONSTER IPO...
One little-known Australian IPO has doubled in value since January, and renowned Australian Moonshot stock picker Anirban Mahanti sees a potential millionaire-maker in waiting...
Because 'Doc' Mahanti believes this fast-growing company has all the hallmarks of genuine Moonshot potential, forget 'buy now pay later', this stock could be the next hot stock on the ASX.
Returns as of 6th October 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Nearmap Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 ends down 0.6%, AMP (ASX:AMP) share price jumps 20% – October 30, 2020 4:32pm
- Why the Brickworks (ASX:BKW) share price is a strong buy – October 30, 2020 7:25am
- This market dip is the perfect time to buy these 2 forever shares – October 30, 2020 7:18am