Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.55% to 6.735.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.48% to 6,838.10
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,464.46 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.71 a barrel
It was a bad day for the G8 Education Ltd (ASX: GEM) share price which fell 17.8% today after providing a trading update and announcing the sale of some centres.
The share price of Emeco Holdings Limited (ASX: EHL) rose 10.2% today after giving a market update to investors.
Finally, the share price of Helloworld Travel Ltd (ASX: HLO) rose 1.4% after holding its AGM.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Ramsay Health Care share price higher following AGM update
- 3 signs you’re ready to start investing in shares
- Will Google’s transaction accounts disrupt CBA, NAB and ANZ next year?
- Why cannabis company Althea is on a high today
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Helloworld Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Nanosonics Limited and Nearmap Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Helloworld Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm