Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.19% to 6,648.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.21% to 6,728.50
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,344.05 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.26 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the BlueScope Steel Limited (ASX: BSL) share price going up 6.5%, marking a quick turnaround from the disappointment of its announcement earlier this week. The trade war between the US and China may soon be ending.
However, the Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) share price fell another 8.4% after this week’s disappointing update regarding sales and production.
Financial services business Link Administration Holdings Ltd (ASX: LNK) has seen its share price drop 5.2% after providing some guidance around FY20’s numbers.
The Nanosonics Ltd. (ASX: NAN) share price has risen another 5.7%, marking another impressive day for the healthcare company.
Fintech company Hub24 Ltd (ASX: HUB) saw its share price rise 3.3% in a pleasing day for the rapidly growing business.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How to generate $1,000 a month in passive income
- How to lose the battle, but win the war
- Everything you need to know about today’s Whispir IPO
- 26 ASX200 shares have hit 52-week highs
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Hub24 Ltd, Link Administration Holdings Ltd, Nanosonics Limited, and PUSHPAY FPO NZX. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Bravura Solutions Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended GBST Holdings Limited, Hub24 Ltd, Link Administration Holdings Ltd, Nanosonics Limited, and PUSHPAY FPO NZX. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm