Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.99% to 6,382.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.93% to 6,470.60
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,270.10 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.19 a barrel
The share price of Cromwell Group (ASX: CMW) rose 0.9% despite its offer for the UK property group RDI REIT being knocked back.
The telco sector might be facing a bit of disruption with a new competitor. The Macquarie Group Ltd (ASX: MQG) share price rose nearly 1% with news that it will be launching a used phone bundle business.
At the red end of the ASX 200, the New Hope Corporation Limited (ASX: NHC) share price declined by another 4.5%.
Finally, two of the ASX’s leading technology businesses were two of the best performers today. The Altium Limited (ASX: ALU) share price rose 3.6% and the WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) share price went up by 4.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why are enterprise-facing software companies going absolutely gangbusters?
- Feeble CPI data has investors upping bets on an RBA rate cut within months
- 3 reasons why I think Soul Patts could be the best ASX share
- Is the Qantas share price a buy?
This Tiny ASX Stock Could Be the Next Afterpay
One little-known Australian IPO has doubled in value since January, and renowned Australian Moonshot stock picker Anirban Mahanti sees a potential millionaire-maker in waiting...
Because 'Doc' Mahanti believes this fast-growing company has all the hallmarks of genuine Moonshot potential, forget 'buy now pay later', this stock could be the next hot stock on the ASX.
Doc and his team have published a detailed report on this tiny ASX stock. Find out how you can access what could be the NEXT Afterpay today!
Returns as of 6th October 2020
Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Bellamy's Australia, Macquarie Group Limited, and Pro Medicus Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 reasons why Xero (ASX:XRO) shares could be a buy – January 16, 2021 9:45am
- This fund manager names 2 surging ASX shares to watch – January 16, 2021 8:45am
- Wilson Asset Management (WAM) thinks these 2 ASX shares are a buy – January 16, 2021 7:45am