Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.25% to 5,619.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.31% to 5,677.00
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,280.08 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$54.19 a barrel
The share price of healthcare business Healius Ltd (ASX: HLS) rose by an extra 4.6% in response to the potential Jangho takeover.
Shareholders of Treasury Wine Estates Ltd (ASX: TWE) suffered a bit of a hangover today, it fell 4.4% as worries grow about a slowing Chinese economy.
The Kathmandu Holdings Ltd (ASX: KMD) share price dropped another 2.2% today due to reporting yesterday that December sales were particularly disappointing, hurting profit expectations for the December 2018 result.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Leading fund managers name their top ASX share picks for 2019
- Why the SEEK share price just hit a 52-week low
- Why the Newcrest share price has surged 26% in 4 months
- Is the Vanguard Australian Share ETF share price a buy?
The drop of the WiseTech share price certainly makes it better value, but many investors would still call it expensive. In my opinion, there are better-priced opportunities out there for our money.
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Treasury Wine Estates Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd and WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- If you have $12,000, you should invest in these 3 ASX shares now – August 12, 2020 7:55am
- ASX 200 rises 0.5%, Mesoblast plunges – August 11, 2020 5:14pm
- Investors wanting safe income should own these 3 ASX shares – August 11, 2020 4:23pm