Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.88% to 5,597.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.84% to 5,662.10
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,255.60 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$54.35 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Ausdrill Limited (ASX: ASL), the mining and energy services business went up 7.4%.
It was an excellent day for many of the ASX’s most popular growth shares. The Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) share price went up 6.1%, shares of WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) rose by 5.8% and the Appen Ltd (ASX: APX) share price went up 5.2%.
Infant formula businesses also saw large gains as the share market recovered today. The A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) share price rose 3.4% and Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) shares went up 6.5%.
Speedcast International Ltd (ASX: SDA) shares fell nearly 5% after admitting on Christmas Eve that its profit may be a little lower than the market is estimating.
Another of the rare fallers was the Healthscope Ltd (ASX: HSO) share price falling by 1.4%.
Small cap healthcare product distributor Paragon Care Ltd (ASX: PGC) shares rose by 5.7% today.
Finally, the small cap water entitlement business Duxton Water Ltd (ASX: D2O) shares went up 4.2%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Become a millionaire in 4 simple steps with ASX shares
- 3 Dogs of the ASX 200 that I am backing for 2019
- Why the Starpharma share price is tanking on an FDA rejection
- The Flight Centre share price is climbing on a Silicon Valley deal
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of DUXTON FPO and Paragon Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk, AFTERPAY T FPO, Appen Ltd, and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Paragon Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm