Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.86% to 5,691.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.84% to 5,770.30
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,222.45 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.27 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Mineral Resources Limited (ASX: MIN), its share price went up 26.6% after selling a 50% stake of a lithium mine. Other lithium miners went up on this deal including Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) which went up 9.2%.
The ASX shares linked to China got a boost today after some reported changes to Chinese regulations. The Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) share price finished up 5.9% and A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) also went up 5.9%.
Shares of retailer Noni B Limited (ASX: NBL) went up 12.8% after holding its AGM and reporting that its recently-acquired businesses may make an earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) profit this year.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- UBS thinks Telstra Corporation Ltd (ASX: TLS) can boost revenue by cutting prices
- Goldman Sachs rates Coles Group Limited (ASX:COL) shares a buy
- 3 ASX dividend shares to give your income a big boost
- What ASX shares should you invest in if franking credits disappear?
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Blackmores Limited and COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and Hansen Technologies. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.