Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished flat on Thursday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) flat
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) flat
- AUD/USD at US 78.29 cents
- Gold at US$1,277 an ounce, up 0.2%
- Oil at US$49.90 a barrel, down 1%
On the positive side of the ledger, shares of Qantas Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) and BlueScope Steel Ltd (ASX: BSL) ended 3.2% and 2.9% higher, respectively. No material news was released by either company. However, analysts at Goldman Sachs recently raised their investment rating on Qantas shares.
Further down the market, Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) and a2 Milk Company Ltd (Australia) (ASX: A2M) rose 9.1% and 4.8%, respectively. Shares of both companies have been on a tear over the past three months, rising 77% and 79%, respectively.
Further down, plumbing business Reliance Worldwide Corporation Limited (ASX: WRC) fell 5.6%.
Here are today’s top stories:
- 3 of my Favourite ASX Companies with Dangerously Wide Moats
- 1 risk ASX shareholders forget about “growth stocks”
- Leading brokers name 3 ASX shares to buy
- The secret value offered in Woodside Petroleum Limited’s dividend payout
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Owen Raszkiewicz has no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
You can follow Owen on Twitter @OwenRask.
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and Telstra Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm