The local share market rocketed higher today, propelled by a strong performance from international markets overnight. The miners rose strongly, as did the major banks.
Here’s a quick recap:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 1.2% to 5543 points
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 1.1% to 5599 points
- AUD/USD at US 74.89 cents
- Iron Ore at US$82.25 a tonne, according to the Metal Bulletin
- Gold at US$1,177.03 an ounce
- Brent oil at US$53.00 a barrel
Meanwhile, Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG) announced it had become the lowest cost seaborne supplier of iron ore into China. Its shares rose 1.7%.
Dorsavi Ltd (ASX: DVL) also fell 8.5%.
Here are Thursday’s top stories:
- Slater & Gordon Limited shareholders could face wipeout
- 3 small cap growth stocks for a big 2017
- 3 stocking fillers for smart investors this Christmas
- Don’t JUMP off this ASX dividend machine!
- Iron ore price hits 2-year high: Will the bubble burst in 2017?
- 4 shares to own in an Australian Recession
- 5 small-cap shares I’m tipping to shine in 2017
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Ryan Newman has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): 6 charts every Australian needs to see – April 6, 2020 1:46pm
- Innovation through crisis – April 2, 2020 11:48am
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): Why Is Italy’s Fatality Rate So Bad? – March 26, 2020 3:39pm