Listed investment company (LIC) QV Equities Ltd (ASX: QVE) is managed by the top performing fund manager Investors Mutual. The LIC listed back in August 2014 and Investors Mutual has been busily investing the cash raised to fill out its still young portfolio. This creates a somewhat unique opportunity for an investor to watch the QV portfolio being established and it provides a more timely understanding of when stock positions have been entered into.
With the release of QV’s January Investment Update, investors have a timely opportunity to review the ten largest positions in the portfolio. With reporting season now in full swing on the ASX, the profit results of these high conviction stock ideas could certainly be worth keeping an eye on.
Here are the Top Ten and when they are due to report:
- AGL Energy Ltd (ASX: AGK): 11 February
- Orica Ltd (ASX: ORI) operates on a September financial year so investors will have to wait until 12 May for the group’s half year results to be announced
- Sonic Healthcare Limited (ASX: SHL): 17 February
- Bank of Queensland Limited (ASX: BOQ): 26 March
- ASX Ltd (ASX: ASX): 12 February
- Salmat Limited (ASX: SLM): 24 February
- Ansell Limited (ASX: ANN) has already reported strong results which you can read a review of here
- Fletcher Building Limited (Australia) (ASX: FBU): 18 February
- Energy Developments Limited (ASX: ENE): 25 February with the company recently providing an update that it would exceed previous guidance for the first half
- Oil Search Limited (ASX: OSH) has already reported and you can review the results here
A Billionaire's Investing Secrets – and 2 New ASX Ideas for You
It makes A LOT OF SENSE to keep a close eye on what other great investors are buying...Now you can discover the investing secrets of $60 BILLION man Warren Buffett -- widely recognized as the world's greatest investor. Plus, you'll get two brand new ASX ideas! Your copy of The Motley Fool's brand-new report "The Wisdom of Warren Buffett -- Plus 2 ASX Shares Buffett Could Love" is FREE when you click here.
Motley Fool contributor Tim McArthur does not own shares in any of the companies mentioned.