The S&P/ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) is directionless at midday, sitting at 5,403.4, down 0.1%. US markets were flat overnight.
Investors may well be sitting on the sidelines waiting for tonight’s (Australian time) US non-farm payrolls data and the US unemployment rate. Either could trigger the US Federal Reserve’s current tapering of its quantitative easing program.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index at midday today:
- Paladin Energy Ltd (ASX: PDN) is up 4.4% at 47 cents
- Skilled Group Limited (ASX: SKE) has gained 4.2% to $2.74
- NRW Holdings Limited (ASX: NWH) has risen 4.1% to $1.135
- Buru Energy Limited (ASX: BRU) has added 2.9% to $1.265
- Mount Gibson Iron Limited (ASX: MGX) saw gains of 2.8%, trading at 91 cents
These are the five worst performing stocks at midday today:
- Magellan Financial Group Limited (ASX: MFG) has slipped 3.5% to $13.64
- Ozforex Group Limited (ASX: OFX) is down 2.8% to $3.10
- David Jones Limited (ASX: DJS) has lost 2.8% to $3.16
- Horizon Oil Limited (ASX: HZN) fell 2.6% to 30.2 cents
- Lynas Corporation Limited (ASX: LYC) has fallen 2.5% to 19.5 cents