Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 1.38% to 6.720.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 1.27% to 6,826.50
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,474.41 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$60.84 a barrel
Gold miner Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) saw its share price fall 10.6% after coming back to trade from its capital raising & acquisition announcement.
Finally, the share price of Platinum Asset Management Ltd (ASX: PTM) dropped 3.4% after holding its AGM and warning about market conditions.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Westpac share price drops on AUSTRAC legal action
- Is it time to invest in Vanguard Australian Share ETF at near all-time highs?
- Metro Rail blowout could wipe $90m off Lendlease’s profit
- New Hope share price climbs on quarterly update and AGM
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Pro Medicus Ltd. and Webjet Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 2 ASX shares that are absurdly cheap right now – August 5, 2020 5:50pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6%, Telstra sells data centre for $416.7 million – August 5, 2020 5:18pm
- 3 property shares I’d rather buy over an investment property – August 5, 2020 3:34pm