Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.20% to 6,545.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.17% to 6,627.40
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,499.90 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.67 a barrel
Buy now, pay later business Zip Co Ltd (ASX: Z1P) is expanding overseas with an announcement about acquisitions, sending the share price higher by 11%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 2 top ETFs I’d buy for my portfolio
- Sonic Healthcare shares lift as sales, profits, dividends climb again
- Tassal shares halted as it asks investors for $109 million
- Citadel shares tumble on “disappointing” FY 2019 results
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of ZIPCOLTD FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended ARB Limited, Kogan.com ltd, and SEEK Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.